Motorhome Football Parking
Renew or Apply for Your Motor Home Parking Permit
Please contact Nina Shubert at UF Transportation and Parking Services if you would like additional information or to be added to the waiting list for next year.
- Motorhome Lot Overview
- Motorhome Lot 1
- Motorhome Lot 2
- Motorhome Lot 3
- Motorhome Lot 4
- Motorhome Lot 5
Rules and Regulations
Gator football fans planning to attend at least four of the seven home football games may apply for the Motor Home Parking Program. The program provides reserved parking exclusively for motor homes and RV’s. Applications are not accepted for automobiles, trucks, vans, buses, commercial vehicles and vehicles other than motor homes.
The cost for a motor home permit is $490 for the seven home football weekends in the 2015 season.
Dates and Hours of Access
Access to motor home parking spaces is granted for the seven home football weekends of September 3; September 10; September 17; October 8; October 15 (Homecoming); November 12 and November 19 from 6:30 PM on Friday through 12:00 noon on Sunday. Note: for Homecoming the University will be closed on Friday, October 14, so move in may begin at 6:30 PM on Thursday, October 13.
Motor Home Spaces
Motor home parking spaces are approximately 17 feet wide by 40 feet long. Motor home parkers follow the blue striping pattern overlaying the standard white parking lines. Each permit holder receives a numbered parking permit corresponding to an assigned numbered parking space. You must park in your assigned space and display your permit upon entry and at all times while parked in the motor home lot.
One secondary vehicle accompanying the motor home may be parked within the reserved space or in other non-obstructive unreserved areas within the lot. One secondary vehicle permit will be provided and must be displayed upon entry and at all times while parked in the lot. Additional vehicles are prohibited.
Shuttle Bus Service
Six shuttle bus passes valid for the seven game season will be issued to each motor home permit holder at no additional cost. Walk-ups and other individuals without passes will not be permitted to ride the shuttles. Up to four additional season shuttle tickets may be purchased at a cost of $35 per pass.
The south side of Lot #5 is a designated Quiet Zone in which music, loud voices and other excessive noise is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 PM and 10:00 AM. Please contact us if you wish to be assigned to the Quiet Zone.
Generator Prohibitions and Exhaust Extension Requirements
Exterior or pull-along generators are prohibited at all times. For safety reasons, motor homes must utilize exhaust extensions or “smoke stacks” to channel exhaust fumes to the top of the motor home.
Violations and Enforcement
The University of Florida police will patrol the lots periodically to enforce these regulations. Vehicles shall be subject to expulsion, fine and/or impoundment for violations including, but not limited to:
- Failure to display a valid motor home permit or secondary vehicle permit.
- Use of an altered, duplicated or counterfeit permit, or providing a permit for duplication.
- Parking a motor home outside of its designated space
- Obstructing the flow of traffic for emergency vehicles and others.
- Use of exterior or pull-along generator.
- Absence, faulty installation or malfunction of required exhaust extension.
- Sale or transfer of a permit or space to a third party, or use of a transferred permit or space.
- Violating the “no noise” provisions in the designated Quiet Area.
- In the event that you find another vehicle parked in your reserved space, please look for a police officer on site or call UFPD at 352-392-1111 for assistance.
Failure to comply with the provisions of this program may result in the loss of motor home parking privileges for the remainder of the season, as well as non-renewal for future seasons. Permit fees will not be refunded.
- Commercial activity, advertising, and the sale or distribution of goods.
- Dumping of trash other than in approved trash receptacles.
- Disposal of waste, refuse or grey water anywhere on the University of Florida campus.
- Use of industrial cooking devices and/or open fires.
- Amplified sound systems played at excessively high volume.
- Throwing footballs or other potentially dangerous projectiles in the motor home parking lots.
You must park a motor home in your reserved parking space for at least four of the seven home football games to be eligible to renew your space for the following season. Attendance will be taken at kick-off time. Participants who do not meet this attendance requirement will be dropped from the Motor Home Parking Program and may reapply for the waiting list. This rule is intended to utilize limited space for motor home parking as efficiently as possible.
PLEASE NOTE: The attendance records of Transportation and Parking Services are final.
For additional information, please call Transportation and Parking Services at 352-392-PARK (7275). Thank you!
As Always…Go Gators!